<%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" CODEPAGE="CP_ACP"%> www.townoftownsend.com
HomeHistoryOfficersEventsPhotosFAQ
Online Property Tax Payments
Bird's Eye Aviation Photo Townsend AerialA Brief History of the Town of Townsend

The Town of Townsend was built along Military road in 1864.It was originally named Johnson Siding and later, along with Lakewood, became known as the Town of Wheeler. The Town was named Townsend in honor of the man who drove the first spike in the railroad here. Click here for the rest of the story....

Visitors Since 01/24/2006: 03076
Photo by Bird's Eye Aviation